*Cover Letter and Resume are required*
If you are interested to hear more about who we are and what we do, check it out here: https://www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/
We place missionary staff in: Zambia, Kenya, Lebanon, Haiti, Peru, Dominican Republic, and Guatemala.
Kids Alive believes in the capable leadership and unique skills and insight of our national staff, who serve in their own countries. Therefore, missionaries serve on our ministry sites under the authority of, and alongside, national staff.
We hope that each Kids Alive missionary will choose to make a career of their service with us, and we do all we can to prepare them to thrive. When accepted, Kids Alive missionaries make an initial commitment of between one and three years.
Missionaries are expected to learn the local language of the ministries in which they are serving to some extent, and to dedicate some time specifically to this effort. Beyond that, each ministry has different requirements as to the language level they expect missionaries to reach.
Missionaries and other cross-cultural staff raise funds from their local communities and churches to cover the costs of their time of service, including training, salary, and other expenses.
For couples and families:
Missionaries are a part of Kids Alive in two ways. They are part of the work and fulfill a job role. They are also part of the Kids Alive Christian community of faith. They represent Kids Alive and more importantly, Christ as they live and work in the communities where they are placed. Therefore, we request that each spouse apply separately for missionary service, even if one spouse will not have a determined role with Kids Alive.
Our Application Process…
Our application and screening process is multi-step and interactive. We believe that this process provides space for you and us to pray and discern if you are a good fit for Kids Alive! Our process consists of:
- Application part A
- Application part B
- Four conversations in person or via video conference call regarding your preparedness for overseas missionary service and your alignment with our values as an organization (see them here: www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about).
- Five character references
- A personality test
- A final interview
All Kids Alive missionaries must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
In faith life:
Agree with our statement of faith
- Have a living and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate spiritual and emotional maturity, with a well-formed sense of identity in Jesus Christ
- Be active participants in a Christ-professing church/community of faith
- Have experience using their spiritual gifts and skills to serve their local church/community of faith
In personal and social life:
Have the willingness and humility to learn a new language, culture, and way of life
- Demonstrate social maturity and the ability to form and grow relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve conflict in a Biblical manner, with grace and patience
- Patiently adapt to continuously changing situations and people
- Demonstrate a humble willingness to work under local leadership in the country of ministry
- Manage sensitive situations with discretion and respect
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work with and edify the larger ministry community
In professional life:
Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate successful employment or entrepreneurship experience
- Demonstrate excellent team/group work experience
- Demonstrate ability to motivate self and work independently within established guidelines
- Demonstrate ability to organize complex information and changing situations
- Be at least 19 years of age, have college or skilled trade program experience; degrees preferred
Our Core Christian Beliefs
Our team members come from a wide range of Christian denominations and thus live their faith with a variety of practices. We all hold to the following core beliefs. By applying, you affirm that you agree and believe these with us:
We believe in the one infinite God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, and that, as the Son of God. He became incarnate by the Holy Spirit, being born of the Virgin Mary; that He truly rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is now there engaged in intercession for us at the right hand of the Father.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead, and that He is ever present and active in and with every true born child of God, and that He is present to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments are given by divine inspiration; that they are infallible, supreme, and the final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death or separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures; that He, as the representative and substitutionary sacrifice for sin, obtained redemption by the shedding of His blood for all who believe in Him.
- We believe in "that blessed hope," the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who repent of their sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are freely justified by the Father, born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
If you agree with the guidelines outlined above and our shared core Christian beliefs, you are welcome to proceed with the application.