A Resume and Cover Letter will be required.
Kids Alive International Internship Job Description
A Kids Alive Summer Overseas Volunteer Intern works with at risk-children, in our schools, care centers, or residential homes in the areas of academic, spiritual, and personal growth. The intern will serve the needs of the ministry site using their gifts, experiences, and skills. (view the 2 minute sponsorship video here)
Key responsibilities may involve:
- Tutoring children in English, math, language, reading, and writing
- Leading or assisting in teaching math, English, art, music, dance, or preschool classes
- Leading or helping with Awana groups, Bible studies, spiritual mentor groups, devotions or Vacation Bible School
- Participation in Intern small group devotions
- Leading sport clinics
- Helping with Christian camps
- Helping with house chores—cooking, cleaning, and general care of facilities
- Working with Sponsorship and related projects
- At least 18 years old and have completed high school
- Agrees with our Statement of Faith
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and active relationships with other Christians
- Has a strong, effective, and fruitful Christian witness.
- Equipped to handle spiritual battles
- Initiates and sustains personal spiritual growth
- Has experience working with children
- Loves and enjoys children and is qualified to lead children spiritually
- Physically fit to adapt to the climate, natural environment, and physical demands of work at any of our sites.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time, perform various tasks of manual labor
- Demonstrates overall strong self-management and hygiene.
- Willingness to be flexible with time, schedules, and location of service
- Communicates and works well with others
- Capable of resolving conflict with others
- Humble willingness to work under authority
- Demonstrates overall emotional maturity
- Mentally and emotionally willing to accept and adapt to the stress and potential difficulties of living in another country, which may include, but not limited to speaking a foreign language, relating to a foreign culture and its different social norms, and coping with the level of poverty in each location.
Our Core Christian Beliefs:
Our team members come from a wide range of Christian denominations and thus live their faith with a variety of practices. We all hold to the following core beliefs. By applying, you affirm that you agree and believe these with us:
We believe in the one infinite God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, and that, as the Son of God. He became incarnate by the Holy Spirit, being born of the Virgin Mary; that He truly rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is now there engaged in intercession for us at the right hand of the Father.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead, and that He is ever present and active in and with every true born child of God, and that He is present to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments are given by divine inspiration; that they are infallible, supreme, and the final authority in faith and life.
We believe that man was created in the image of God that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death or separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures; that He, as the representative and substitutionary sacrifice for sin, obtained redemption by the shedding of His blood for all who believe in Him.
We believe in "that blessed hope," the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
We believe that all who repent of their sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are freely justified by the Father, born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
If you believe you meet these requirements, are able to fulfill the possible duties listed above, and agree with our shared core Christian beliefs, feel free to begin the application! The introductory application must be filled out at one time. We look forward to receiving it!